Help Find a Potential Treatment for COVID-19
Participate in the EPIC trial to study a potential nasal spray treatment.
About the EPIC Study
The EPIC Study is a clinical trial to test a potential nasal spray COVID-19 treatment.
EPIC (Efficacy and Safety of T-COVID in the Prevention of Clinical Worsening in COVID-19) is a Phase 1/2 clinical trial studying the effectiveness and safety of an investigational COVID-19 treatment, called T-COVIDTM. This treatment potentially prevents the progression of COVID-19 and the need for hospitalization in those with early symptoms. T-COVID is being studied as a single dose therapeutic that is delivered via a nasal spray, not an injection. This trial is for outpatients (not in the hospital) showing early symptoms of COVID-19.
EPIC is being sponsored by Altimmune – a publicly-traded, clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing intranasal vaccines, immune modulating therapies and treatments for liver disease.
50 years of age and older
One or more of the following symptoms within the last 72 hours: Fever greater than or equal to 100.4⁰F, cough, and/or shortness of breath
Positive COVID-19 test
Able and willing to provide informed consent
Study Site Locations
|Chicago, IL||Cedar Crosse Research Center||(312) 431-6780|
|Fayettville, NC||Carolina Institute for Clinical Research||(910) 302-8151|
|Houston, TX||Centex Studies||(281) 918-0048|
|Houston. TX||Next Level Urgent Care||(832) 460-3311|
|McAllen, TX||Centex Studies||(956) 540-7170|
|Miami, FL||Miami Dade Medical Research Institute||(305) 722-7210|
|Morrow, GA||Infinite Clinical Trials||(678) 430-3232|
What to Expect Upon Arrival
- Verification of a positive COVID-19 test (if you have not received a positive test result, a rapid COVID-19 test will be administered at the study site)
- Signing of consent form to confirm willingness to participate
- Determination of your eligibility
- Administering of 1 nasal spray dose (you will only need to visit the study site once for screening and the single dose)
- Receipt of tablet with easy-to-use health measurement tools allowing participants to stay at home for the duration of the study, enabling real time data collection
- You can head home! Real-time data will be collected for up to approximately 4 weeks (28 days)
Enrolling in the Study
To enroll in the Epic Clinical Study, please call or visit the Study Site center nearest you to discuss your potential eligibility. We appreciate your interest in participating.
Individuals with the following conditions or symptoms are not eligible.
- Pregnant, lactating or plan to conceive a child during the next 3 months
- Chronic pulmonary disease, including chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and asthma, or other respiratory diseases that could exacerbate independent of COVID-19